Sunday 28 September 2014

FREEDOM

Have you ever though what freedom it is? Do you think we have freedom? What difference are there between freedom and chaos? Can we get freedom? Do we have freedom?

When I was studying phylosophy in Bachillerato, my teacher had asked us the meaning of freedom, and I remember everybody in my classroom began to speak about democracy, but then one of my classmates said:"Democracy isn't freedom. In democratical system we have rights, but this doesn't mean that we are free!" Her answer surprised me, because this wasn't what my classmates wanted to hear, including my teacher. Then I remembered a song of a Russian singer which called "I'm free" and his words were:

"I'm free of evil and goodness
I'm free like a bird in the sky,
 I'm free, I forgot what is the fear,
I'm free like a wild wind,
 I'm free, In real life, not in my dreams"

In that moment I understood: the word "Freedom" can has multiples meanings, but the most important, in my opinion,, is the personal freedom, due to the "freedom" which say us on TV, I mean humen rights, isn't freedom, but laws which tell us how to live. The personal freedom doesn't depend of Constitution, but it depends how you are inside and how you understand this world. You can live in a country where humans rights are respected, but you can't be free, or live in dictatorial country where you can be free. Being free doesn't mean has no dependece, but you have to be free of things which were created by society, or what society say. It doesn't mean you can get a machine gun and rob a bank. Be free is being minimalist, live without things what you don't need and have the most important for your life. To be free you have to find the silence in your ideas, better said, to free your head of negative thought, or ideas which oppresse you. Try to not reflect, because our reasoning sometimes can bear us to misconceptions about this world, but it doesn't mean we must stop to think , we must control what appears in our head, nad the most important is watching what happens around us . The personal freedom isn't just to know who you are, but be able to get to know yourself and what you want, if you don't know who you are, what you want, you get chaos in your inside, and this can't bear you to anywhere, you just stuck and can't do any progress. Your freedom is your inside, and what you have inside can't affect what is around you with negative form.

The freedom can be theological (like what your religion allows you to do, or you choose a religion which is appropriate for you), political (choose a political party, or vote for president, or chooose political idealogy without any influence), social (who you are in society), sexual (homosexual, heterosexual,etc), etc., but you never can be free at 100 %, because when we achieve something, we lose something too.

To heal a wound, we must suffer pain







No comments:

Post a Comment